Diane Sawyer ABC, Biography and Wiki
Diane Sawyer is a well-known American television broadcast journalist known for anchoring major programs on two networks including ABC World News Tonight and Good Morning America among others.
Sawyer started her journalism career as a weather forecaster for WLKY-TV in Louisville. She then moved to Washington D.C and became an assistant to Jerry Warren, the White House deputy press secretary, and eventually became a staff assistant for U.S. President Richard Nixon.
In 1978, she joined CBS News as a general-assignment reporter. During her tenure at CBS News, she hosted CBS Morning and was the first woman correspondent on 60 Minutes. In 1989, she moved to ABC News to co-anchor Primetime Live newsmagazine among other shows. She has an impressive career and she stepped down from the anchor chair at ABC World News in September 2014. However, she remained with ABC News and conducted high-profile interviews.
Diane Sawyer’s Age and Birthday
Sawyer was born on December 22, 1945, in Glasgow, Kentucky, United States of America. Diane is 77 years old. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Diane Sawyer Height and Weight
Sawyer stands at an average height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs about 58 kg.
Diane Sawyer Family
Sawyer was born to Jean W., an elementary school teacher, and Erbon Powers Sawyer, a county judge. Also, she grew up with her older sister Linda.
Diane Sawyer Education
After graduating from Seneca High School in Louisville, She attended Wellesley College and graduated in 1967.
Diane Sawyer Husband
Sawyer was married to Mike Nichols, a film and theater director, producer, and actor who unfortunately died on November 19, 2014. The couple got married on April 29, 1988, and Nichols had three children from his previous marriages.
Diane Sawyer Awards and Recognitions
- Received the Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement in 1987
- 1997 she was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame.
- 2001, named one of the thirty most powerful women in America by the Ladies’ Home Journal.
- Won Emmy Award for outstanding news and documentary program achievement – programs and segments in 2007
- In 2009, she received a Peabody Award for her work on “A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains.”
- 2010, won the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism.
- She was frequently selected for the annual Forbes Magazine’s List of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
Diane Sawyer’s Net Worth
Having a long and successful career as a journalist, Sawyer has an estimated net worth of $80 million. She also made approximately $12 million, just from entertainment income.