Gabriela Ortiz (Composer) Biography
Gabriela Ortiz is a renowned Mexican songwriter and educator born in Mexico City, Mexico. Ortiz is majorly known for her songs Unicamente La Verdad, Trifolium, and Rio de las Mariposas. Ortiz has gained recognition for her innovative compositions that often incorporate elements of Mexican and Latin American musical traditions. Ortiz frequently incorporates instruments, melodies, and rhythms that are influenced by her native Mexico, rock, African, and Afro-Cuban.
Gabriela Ortiz Quick Facts About Gabriela Ortiz | Wiki
- Full Name: Gabriela Ortiz Torres
- Birthdate: December 20, 1964
- Age: 58 years old (turning 59 years on Dec 2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Place of Birth: Mexico City, Mexico
- Nationality: Mexican
- Occupation: Composer and educator
- Parents: N/A
- Net Worth: $3 million
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)
- Gender: Female
Gabriela Ortiz Age and Birthday
Ortiz was born on December 20, 1964, in Mexico City, Mexico. She is 58 years old and she will be turning 59 years old on December 20, 2023. Her Zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Gabriela Ortiz’s Height
Ortiz stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m) tall.
Gabriela Ortiz Family/ Parents
The Mexican songwriter was born in Mexico City to Mexican parents who were both folk musicians. However, she has not yet disclosed her parent’s identities.
Gabriela Ortiz Husband, Is She Married?
The Mexican music composer has not yet been married. She is single and has never been previously engaged.
Gabriela Ortiz’s Education
Ortiz started by learning folk music at home before moving to Paris where she studied at Ecole Normale de Musique. Later on, she returned to Mexico and studied composition at the National Conservatory of Music. She then joined the Guildhall School of Music and Drama before enrolling at the University of London earning a PhD in 1996.
Gabriela Ortiz’s Net Worth
Ortiz is a renowned Mexican songwriter and educator with an estimated net worth of $3 million as of August 2023.
Gabriela Ortiz’s Awards
The Mexican composer has received a number of awards over her career including;
- Composers Award Mexican Council for the Arts and Culture
- First prize in the Silvestre Revueltas National Chamber Music Competition
- First Prize at the Alicia Urreta Composition Competition
- The Fundacion Cultural Bancomer Award
- Mozart Medal Award for Mexican Theatre and Music as the best composer of 1997
- Distincion Universidad Nacional