Gloria Carter Biography
Gloria Carter is a renowned American Philanthropist and social activist best known as the mother of the celebrated famous rapper, record producer, entrepreneur and billionaire Jay-Z. Gloria is the co-founder and president of the Shawn Carter Foundation, a charity organization that was launched in 2003.
In 2017, Jay-Z’s mom came out as a lesbian, and on July 2, 2023, she got married to her gorgeous longtime partner Roxanne Wilshire. Additionally, Gloria received the Special Recognition Award at the 2018 GLAAD Media Awards for her contribution to LGBTQ+ visibility and acceptance.
Quick Facts About Gloria Carter/ Wiki
- Real name: Gloria Carter
- Popular as: Jay-Z’s Mother
- Birthday: September 1950
- Age: 72 years (as of 2023)
- Place of Birth: New York City, New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: African-American
- Partner/ Spouse: Roxanne Wilshire
- Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
- Profession/ Occupation: Philanthropist, Celebrity Mother
- Net Worth: $10 million
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)
Gloria Carter Age and Birthday
Gloria was born on September 1950, in New York City, New York, United States of America. As of 2023, Gloria is 72 years old. Her Zodiac sign is Virgo.
Gloria Carter Height and Weight
Carter is a stunning woman who stands at an average height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m) tall and weighs about 60 kg (132 lbs). Moreover, she has brown eye color and black hair color.
Gloria grew up in Brooklyn, New York where she attained her basic lower-level education. However, due to the many challenges she faced during her childhood, she dropped out of high school.
Gloria Carter’s Family/Parents
Carter was born in New York City and grew up in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, her parent’s identities and information have not yet been disclosed to the public.
Gloria Carter Partner/Spouse/ Wedding
On July 2, 2023, Gloria got married to her gorgeous longtime partner Roxanne Wilshire. The lovely couple tied the knot in a star-studded wedding ceremony held in Manhattan, New York. The aesthetic ceremony was attended by a number of celebrities including her son Jay-Z and his wife Beyoncé, Robin Roberts, Tyler Perry, and Kelly Rowland just to name a few.
Previously, Gloria was in a relationship with her children’s father Adnis Reeves who abandoned the family forcing her to raise four children on her own.
Gloria Carter Children | Kids
Gloria is blessed with four children: Jay-Z (Shawn Corey Carter), Eric Carter, Andrea Carter, and Michelle Carter. Moreover, Gloria is the grandmother to Blue Ivy, Sir, and Rumi, among others.
- Jay-Z is her first-born son who is a renowned well-celebrated rapper, record producer, entrepreneur, and the world’s first hip-hop billionaire. He is happily married to his gorgeous celebrity wife Beyoncé, one of the most influential female singers in the world. The lovely couple is blessed with three children Blue Ivy, Sir, and Rumi and they currently reside in Bel Air, Los Angeles.
- Erick Carter is her second child who is also a businessman.
- Andrea Carter is her third child and eldest daughter who is a nurse.
- Mitchelle Carter, her youngest daughter is a lawyer.
Gloria Carter’s Net Worth
Gloria is the president of Shawn Carter Foundation and has an estimated net worth of $10 million. She lives a luxurious life in a beautiful mansion with her spouse Roxanne Wilshire. On the other hand, her celebrity son Jay-Z has an estimated net worth of a whopping $2.5 billion. Jay-Z became hip-hop’s first billionaire in 2019.
Gloria Carter’s Social Media