Jeanne Beker Biography
Jeanne Beker is a renowned Canadian television personality, fashion journalist, author, style specialist, and columnist for The Globe and Mail. Beker is widely recognized for her extensive work in the fashion industry and her contributions to promoting Canadian fashion internationally making her a true icon in the world of fashion journalism in Canada.
Beker began her journalism career in 1978 as an entertainment reporter for the Toronto-based radio station, 1050 CHUM producing daily lifestyle and entertainment features. Beker transitioned into the world of fashion journalism and became the host of Fashion Television, from 1985 to 2012. Fashion television focuses on the latest trends, designers, and events in the fashion industry. Moreover, between 2003 and 2009, Beker was the editor-in-chief of FQ Magazine and SIR, published by Kontent Group in Toronto.
As an author, Jeanne has written several books, sharing her fashion expertise and knowledge. Some of her publications include; “Jeanne Unbottled: Adventures in High Style,” “Passion for Fashion: Careers in Style,” and “Finding Myself in Fashion.” Beker has received numerous awards for her contributions to the fashion industry including the Order of Canada, one of the country’s highest civilian honors, for her achievements as a fashion journalist and promoter of Canadian fashion.
Quick Facts About Jeanne Beker | Wiki
- Name: Jeanne Beker
- Age: 71 years old (As of 2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Place of Birth: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Occupation: Fashion Journalist, Author, Television Personality
- Parents: Joseph Beker (father) and Bronia Beker (mother)
- Ex-Husband: Bob Magee (1986-1998)
- Children: Rebecca Leigh O’Neil, and Sarah Jo O’Neil.
- Net Worth: $5 million
- College: York University
Jeanne Beker Age and Birthday
Beker was born on March 19, 1952, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She is 71 years old as of 2023. Her Zodiac sign is Pisces.
Jeanne Beker Family/Parents
Beker was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Joseph Beker (father) and Bronia Beker (mother). Her parents are Jewish born in Kozova, Poland, and immigrated to Canada.
Jeanne attended William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute where she attained her high school education and later joined York University for a theater program.
Jeanne Beker’s Husband and Daughters
Beker was previously married to Bob Magee, a Toronto radio personality from 1986 to 1998. They were blessed with two gorgeous daughters, Rebecca Leigh O’Neil, and Sarah Jo O’Neil.
Jeanne Beker’s Net Worth
As of 2023, Jeanne Beker who is a renowned Canadian television personality, fashion journalist, author, style specialist, and columnist for The Globe and Mail has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
Jeanne Beker Awards
- In 2016 Beker was honored with the prestigious “Crystal” Lifetime Achievement Award by Women in Film and Television.
- Honored Order of Canada in December 2013 for her achievements as a fashion journalist and promoter of Canadian fashion.
- She won a Variety Club Diamond Award.
- Received the Vantage Women of Originality Award
- Received the Special Academy Achievement Award from the Canadian Academy of Cinema and Television in 2013.