Laurie Penny Biography
Laurie Penny is a renowned British journalist and writer born in Westminister, London, England. Penny has written for numerous publications for The Guardian, The New Statesman, The Independent, The New York Times, and Salon. Her writings cover a wide range of topics, including feminism, capitalism, technology, and social justice.
After graduating, Laurie started working as a journalist and contributing to various publications. She rose to fame thanks to her popular blog, “Penny Red,” where she provided incisive and thought-provoking analysis on topics including politics, class, and gender. In 2012, Tatler magazine described Penny as one of the top 100 “people who matter”.
Quick Facts About Laurie Penny| Wiki
- Name: Laurie Penny
- Age: 37 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Place of Birth: Westminister, London, England
- Nationality: British/English
- Occupation: Journalist and Author
- Parents: Raymond Barnett (father)
- Husband/Spouse: David Boarder Giles
- Net Worth: $5 million
- College: Brighton College and Wadham College, Oxford
Laurie Penny’s Age and Birthday
Penny is 37 years old. She was born on September 28, 1986, in Westminister, London, England. Her Zodiac Sign is Libra.
Laurie Penny Height and Weight
Penny is a gorgeous woman who stands at a height of 5 feet 1 inch (1.52 m) and weighs about 52 kg (115 lbs).
Laurie Penny Family/ Parents
Penny was born in Westminister, London, England to Raymond Barnett (father). Both her parents are lawyers of Irish, Jewish, and Maltese descent.
Laurie grew up in Lewes, Brighton where she attended the independent school Brighton College before joining Wadham College, Oxford where she studied English Literature graduating with a degree in 2008.
Laurie Penny Husband/Spouse
In 2015, Penny came out as pansexual, genderqueer, and polyamorous. However, on December 5, 2020, Penny got married to David Boarder Giles in Los Angeles, California.
Laurie Penny’s Net Worth
As of 2023, Penny has an estimated net worth of $5 million. She has earned her fortune from her successful career as a journalist and author.
Laurie Penny’s Books
Penny has written quite a number of notable books including;
- Meat Market: Female Flesh Under Capitalism (2011)
- Penny Red: Notes from the New Age of Dissent (2011)
- Discordia: Six Nights in Crisis Athens (2012)
- Cybersexism: Sex, Gender, and Power on the Internet (2013)
- Unspeakable Things: Sex, Lies, and Revolution (2014)
- Everything Belongs to the Future (2016)
- Bitch Doctrine: Essays for Dissenting Adults (2017)
- Sexual Revolution: Modern Fascism and the Feminist Fightback (2022)