Lisa LaFlamme CTV National News, Biography and Wiki
Lisa LaFlamme is a renowned Award-winning Canadian television journalist, and the former chief anchor and senior editor of CTV National News. Lisa also worked as the news international affairs correspondent and substitute host for CTV National News.
Lisa began her journalism career at CTV’s Kitchener affiliate CKCO in 1989 as a copywriter and script assistant. In 2003, Lisa joined CTV National News as a foreign correspondent where she interviewed many Canadian figures, and covered numerous international events and conflicts. Moreover, LaFlamme covered every Canadian federal election since 1997, Olympic Games since 2006 also the London 2012 Summer Olympics. Her tenure at CTV National News ended on August 15, 2022, when the parent company of CTV Bell Media announced it was ending her contract, due to a “business decision” to take the program in a “different direction”.
On September 9, 2022, LaFlamme was hired by Rogers Media as a special correspondent to cover the death of Queen Elizabeth II and her legacy for CityNews. Lisa. Moreover, on April 21, 2023, Rogers Media announced that LaFlamme would cover the Coronation of Charles III and Camilla for CityNews and its platforms in May 2023.
Quick Facts About Lisa LaFlamme
- Real name: Lisa LaFlamme
- Birthday: July 25, 1964
- Age: 58 years old (Turning 59 years on July 25, 2023)
- Place of Birth: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- Nationality: Canadian
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches
- Net Worth: $4 million
- College: University of Ottawa
- Husband: Michael Cooke
- Parents: Kathleen and David LaFlamme
Lisa LaFlamme Age, Birthday and Birthday
LaFlamme was born on July 25, 1964, in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Lisa is 58 years old and she will be celebrating her 59th birthday on July 25, 2023. She is of Canadian nationality and citizenship.
Lisa LaFlamme Height
The Award-winning television journalist stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches tall. Additionally, she has brown eye color.
Lisa LaFlamme Family/Parents and Siblings
LaFlamme was born in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, to Kathleen and David LaFlamme. Additionally, Lisa has three siblings, Colleen Boehmer, Christine Lang, and Joanne McKenzie.
Lisa LaFlamme Husband/Spouse/Married
LaFlamme is happily married to her husband Michael Cooke, a journalist and publishing executive.
LaFlamme graduated from St. Mary’s High School and later attended the University of Ottawa where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in journalism.
Lisa LaFlamme Awards and Recognitions
- In March 2014, LaFlamme won a Canadian Screen Award for ‘Best National Newscast’ and ‘Best News Anchor’ for CTV National News.
- She has earned five Gemini award nominations in the Best News Anchor category and several RTDNA awards, as well as a 1999 Galaxi Award from the Canadian Cable Television Association.
- Lisa has received three honorary doctorates from Wilfrid Laurier University (2006), the University of Ottawa (2014), and the University of Windsor (2018).
- In 2022, LaFlamme was named as one of the “50 Most Influential Torontonians” in the annual Toronto Life list.
- In January 2023, she was named the winner of the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television’s Gordon Sinclair Award for lifetime achievement in journalism at the 11th Canadian Screen Awards.
Lisa LaFlamme Salary and Net Worth
LaFlamme is a veteran Award-winning journalist with an estimated net worth of $4 million as of April 2023. Lisa earns an annual salary of a whopping $350,000 from her journalism profession among her other earnings.
Lisa LaFlamme’s Twitter