Margaret Brennan CBS, Biography and Wiki
Margaret Brennan is a renowned American journalist based in Washington, D.C. She is the moderator of Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan on CBS News and the network’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent.
Brennan began her career in 2002 at CNBC as a producer for prominent financial journalist Louis Rukeyser. She then became a correspondent for CNBC before joining Bloomberg Television on June 24, 2009, where she anchored InBusiness with Margaret Brennan.
Margaret left Bloomberg in 2012 and joined CBS News in July 2012 and has been based in Washington since that time. She became a White House correspondent and she is a substitute anchor on CBS This Morning and the CBS Evening News. Moreover, she was part of the CBS News team honored with a 2012-2013 Alfred I. Dupont-Columbia Award for coverage of the Newtown tragedy.
Margaret Brennan’s Age and Birthday
Brennan was born on March 26, 1980, in Stamford, Connecticut, United States of America. She is 42 years old and will be turning 43 years on March 26, 2023.
Margaret Brennan Height
Brennan is a beautiful woman of average stature standing at a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
Margaret Brennan Parents
Brennan was born in Stamford, Connecticut to Jane and Edward Brennan. She is of Irish descent.
Margaret Brennan Education
Brennan graduated from the Convent of the Sacred Heart, a private, independent Catholic all-girls college-preparatory school in Greenwich, Connecticut in 1998. In 2002, she graduated from the University of Virginia with the highest distinction with a Bachelor of Arts degree in foreign affairs and Middle Eastern studies with a minor in Arabic.
Margaret Brennan’s Husband and Children
Brennan is happily married to Yado Yakub, a Syrian-American attorney who is a judge advocate in the United States Marine Corps. The couple got married in 2015 and are blessed with two sons. Their firstborn Eamon Brennan Yakub born on September 11, 2018, and their second son Malek Murphy Yakub born on April 28, 2021.
Margaret Brennan Awards and Honors
Brennan has won and received various awards and honors including;
- In 2003, she was named one of the top journalists under the age of 30 by the NewsBio/TJFR Group.
- She was named one of the top Irish American and one of the top 100 Irish-Americans in business and Media by Irish America magazine.
- In 2010, Brennan received the Fulbright Award for international understanding.
- She won an Emmy Award for “Outstanding News Special” for her coverage of the Parkland High School shooting.
- Margaret also received two Emmy nominations for “Outstanding News Analysis”, for her coverage of both the COVID-19 pandemic and Iran–United States relations.
- In 2015, she received an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree from Niagara University for her work in international affairs.
- In 2020, she won a Wilbur Award from the Religion Communicators Council.
- Brennan received first place in the National Headliner Awards for her coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak in “Facing the Pandemic” in 2020.
Margaret Brennan Salary
The Emmy-Award-winning journalist receives an annual salary of a whopping $100,000.
Margaret Brennan’s Net Worth
Brennan has an estimated net worth of $2 million as of January 2023.
Brennan’s Social Media