Robert Bilott Biography
Robert Bilott majorly known as Rob Bilott, is an award-winning American environmental attorney known for his work in exposing and prosecuting chemical companies responsible for environmental contamination. Bilott was born in Albany, New York, and started practicing law at Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1990.
Following his legal battles with DuPont, Bilott wrote his memoir Exposure: Poisoned Water, Corporate Greed, and One Lawyer’s Twenty-Year Battle Against DuPont in 2019.
11 Quick Facts About Robert Bilott
- Real Name: Robert Bilott
- Age: 58 years old
- Birthdate: August 2, 1965
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Place of Birth: Albany, New York, United States of America
- Parents: Raymond Bilott (father) and Eily Bilott (mother)
- Wife: Sarag Barlage
- Children: Charlie, Teddy, and Tony Bilott
- Occupation: Environmental Attorney
- Net Worth: $6 million
- Education: New College of Florida, Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
Robert Bilott Age and Birthday
Bilott was born on August 2, 1965, in Albany, New York, United States of America. He is 58 years old. Additionally, his Zodiac sign is Leo.
Robert Bilott Parents
The environmental attorney was born in Albany, New York to Raymond Bilott (father) and Eily Bilott (mother). His father served in the United States Air Force.
Robert Bilott Wife and Children
Bilott is happily married to his dear wife Sarag Barlage. The couple got married in 1996 and they are blessed with children, Charlie, Teddy, and Tony Bilott.
Robert Bilott DuPont Chemical Scandal and Lawsuit
Bilott is best known for the lawsuits against the chemical company DuPont on behalf of about 70,000 complainants harmed by hazardous chemicals dumped in rural communities in West Virginia.
The lawsuit was a success leading to a landmark settlement in 2004. This settlement required DuPont to pay millions of dollars for medical monitoring and water filtration systems in the affected communities.
Check Out one of DuPont’s complainants Bucky Bailey
Robert Bilott Education
Bilott graduated from Fairborn High School in Fairborn, Ohio before joining New College of Florida earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and urban studies. He then joined the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law earning a Juris Doctor in 1990.
Robert Bilott Net Worth
Bilott’s estimated net worth as of 2023 is estimated at $6 million. He has earned his fortune from his successful career as an environmental attorney for more than two decades.
Robert Bilott’s Awards
The American environmental attorney has had an amazing career earning quite a number of awards including;
- 2005 Trial Lawyer of the Year, presented by The Trial Lawyers For Public Justice Foundation.
- 100 Top Trial Lawyers from Ohio, named by the American Trial Lawyers Association in 2008.
- Right Livelihood Award, presented by The Right Livelihood Foundation in December 2017.
- 2019, 2021, and 2023 Lawyer of the Year in Litigation.
- 2020 Big Fish Award.
- Won Multicultural Health Institute’s Community Champion Award in 2023.
Robert Bilott’s Social Media