Scott Pelley CBS News, Biography and Wiki
Scott Cameron Pelley is a renowned American journalist and author and has been a correspondent and anchor for CBS News for more than 31 years. He is the author of Truth Worth Telling.
Pelley started his career at CBS News in 1989 in New York City. He reported major events including the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the Waco Siege, and the Oklahoma City bombing. From 1997 to 1999, Scott served as CBS News’s Chief White House Correspondent.
Pelley then became a correspondent for the CBS News magazine 60 Minutes. From June 6, 2011, to 2017, Scott served as anchor and managing editor of the CBS Evening News.
Scott Pelley’s Age and Birthday
Pelley was born on July 28, 1957, in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America. He is 65 years old.
Scott Pelley Height
The American journalist stands at an average height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
Scott Pelley Education
Pelley graduated from Coronado High School in Lubbock, Texas, and later majored in journalism at Texas Tech University in Lubbock.
Scott Pelley Family
Scott was born in San Antonio and was raised in Lubbock by his loving parents. Unfortunately, information regarding Pelley’s parents and siblings maintains a discreet image since he has never disclosed any information regarding his family.
Scott Pelley’s Wife and Children
Pelly is happily married to his loving wife Jane Boone, a former television reporter and advertising executive. The couple got married in 1983 and are blessed with a son named Reece and a daughter named Blair.
Scott Pelley Awards| Recognitions
Pelley is the most awarded correspondent in the history of 60 Minutes and has won numerous including;
- He has won 40 national Emmy Awards from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Won 4 duPont-Columbia Awards together with his team for various major reporting.
- His team has won eight Edward R. Murrow Awards, which were bestowed by the Radio and Television News Directors Association, and three Writers Guild of America Awards.
- Together with his team, he won the 2012 Gerald Loeb Award for Explanatory business journalism for the story “The Next Housing Shock.”
- Pelley’s team has won eight Edward R. Murrow Awards, which were bestowed by the Radio and Television News Directors Association and three Writers Guild of America Awards
Scott Pelley Salary
The CBS journalist receives an annual salary ranging from $80,000 – $120,000.
Scott Pelley’s Net Worth
The veteran journalist has amassed quite a good fortune from his journalism career for over three decades. Pelley has an estimated net worth of $1 million.