Thomas Friedman Biography And Wiki
Thomas Loren Friedman is a recognized American Political commentator and author. He is a three-time Pulitzer Prize winner who is a weekly columnist for The New York Times. Friedman has written extensively on foreign affairs, global trade, the Middle East, globalization, and environmental issues.
Thomas Friedman Age, Birthday, Nationality
Friedman was born on July 20, 1953, in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States. He is currently 70 years old. Friedman is of American nationality and citizenship.
Thomas Friedman Height
Friedman is a man of average stature. He stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 meters) tall.
Thomas Friedman Parents, Family, Siblings
Friedman was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota to Margaret Blanche, and Harold Abe Friedman, who was vice president of a ball bearing company, United Bearing. His father died of a heart attack in 1973 when he was 19 years old.
Margaret served in the United States Navy during World War II and was also a homemaker and a part-time bookkeeper. Margaret was also a senior Life Master duplicate bridge player and died in 2008. Friedman has two older sisters, Shelly and Jane Friedman. Moreover, Friedman is Jewish.
Thomas Friedman’s Wife/ Spouse and Daughters
Friedman is married to his wife, Ann Bucksbaum, a teacher and a native of Marshalltown, Iowa. The couple got married in London on Thanksgiving Day 1978 and they currently reside in an 11,400-square-foot mansion in Bethesda, Maryland. The couple is blessed with two daughters Orly born in 1985 and Natalie born in 1988.
Thomas Friedman’s Net Worth
Friedman, a recognized American Political commentator, and author has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2023.
Thomas started his education attending Hebrew school until his Bar Mitzvah then joined St. Louis Park High School, where he wrote articles for his school’s newspaper. After graduating from high school, he joined the University of Minnesota for two years later transferring to Brandeis University and graduated in 1975 with a degree in Mediterranean studies.
Additionally, he pursued Arabic studies at The American University in Cairo, where he graduated in 1974 from its Arabic language unit (ALU). Thomas furthered his studies at St Antony’s College at the University of Oxford as a Marshall Scholar, earning an M.Phil. in Middle Eastern studies.
Thomas Friedman’s Books
- From Beirut to Jerusalem (1989).
- The Lexus and the Olive Tree: Understanding Globalization (1999).
- Longitudes and Attitudes: Exploring the World After September 11 (2002)
- The World Is Flat: A Bried History of the Twenty-first Century (2005).
- Hot, Flat and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution- And How It Can Renew America (2008).
- That Used to Be Us: How America Fell Behind in the World It Invented and How We Can Come Back (2011).
- Thank You for Being Late: Finding a Job, Running a Country, and Keeping Your Head in an Age of Accelerations (November 2016).
Thomas Friedman’s Awards
- Friedman has won the Pulitzer Prize three times; for his coverage of the war in Lebanon (1983), for his coverage of Israel(1988), and for his commentary illuminating the worldwide impact of the terrorist threat (2002).
- In 2003 he received the Golden Plate Award from the American Academy of Achievement. Moreover, he was elected to the American Philosophical Society that same year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is Thomas Friedman?
Thomas Loren Friedman is a renowned American Political commentator and author.
How Old is Thomas Friedman?
Friedman is currently 70 years old.
Who Is Thomas Friedman’s Wife?
Friedman is married to his wife, Ann Bucksbaum, a teacher and a native of Marshalltown, Iowa.
Thomas Friedman’s Twitter